So many questions to parse through the blinding anger this picture raises:
- Are these people actually cops?
- Are they in positions of power?
- Do they actually care about all the people they protect and serve? (Probably not.)
- Are they aware of the image they’re presenting of the New York Police Department?
- Are they aware of the divisive image of white privilege their non-creative shirts suggest?
- Do they take joy in mocking the final words of Eric Garner as he was choked to death? (Maybe.)
- Will they have jobs come Monday? (I hope not.)
- Do they understand that these shirts are not satire but ignorance at best and straight-up, old-school, transparent racism at worst?
- While freedom of speech lets assholes pull these stunts, can we not sit by while they use it irresponsibly like this?
- Will their names be revealed online so they can be shamed into eternity? (I hope so.)